The EFUS has organised a conference on local safety strategies with the city of GLIWICE (Poland) on 4-5-6 October 2006.
This conference took places within the Twinning project with the active participation of Valenciennes (France) and National Community Safety Network (UK).
The conference focussed on the co-operation between local authorities and citizens and their involvement in local crime prevention programmes.
More information on the city of Gliwice and its twinning partners: click HERE
Click HERE to download the programme of the conference in English.
After conference papers:
1. “Influencing the feeling of local security”. Andrzej Karasinski, vice-president of the city of Gliwice.
2. “Local safety strategies in the city of Valenciennes”, Nadia Fourdin, the municipality of Valenciennes, France.
3. “Citizens’ support in the EU perspective. Advantages and limitations”. Justyna Kulach, project manager, EFUS.
4. “Democracy, Cities and Drugs project”. Thierry Charlois, project manager, EFUS.
5. “Community Safety in the UK. Experiences”. Ian Lawrence, chief executive of the National Communtiy Safety Network, UK.
6. “Community involvement. Case study: Blacon, Chester“. Ian Lawrence
7. “Prevention programmes of the Local Police of Gliwice”. Jaroslaw Szymczyk, chief of the local police.
Click here to see the EU ongoing calls
- Bridge - Building resilience to reduce polarisation and growing extremism
- CCI - Cutting crime impact: reducing the impact of criminality in local communities
- Democracy Cities
& Drugs II
- EU Street Violence
- IMPPULSE - Improving Police/Population Understanding for Urban Security
- Just & Safer Cities for All
- LIAISE 1 & 2 - Local institutions against extremism
- Local voices – Local communication strategies to prevent extremism
- LOUD - Local young leaders for inclusion
- MATCH-SPORT - Make Amateur Sport Tolerant Eliminating Racism and Discrimination
- MEDI@4SEC – The emerging role of social media in enhancing public security
- PACTESUR - Protecting Allied Cities against TErrorism by Securing Urban aReas
- PRACTICIES -
Partnership against Violent Radicalisation in Cities
- PREPARE - Preventing radicalisation through probation and release
- PROTECT – Public Resilience using TEchnology to Counter Terrorism
- Safer Drinking Scenes
- Security & Tourism
- SHINE – Sexual Harassment in Nightlife Entertainment Spots: Control and Prevention
- Solidify – Supervised Drug ConsumptIon Facilities to Instill Harm Reduction and Social Cohesion at Local Levels