The 2008 economic crisis that hit many European countries increased social poverty among young people and exposed them to multiple vulnerabilities. Developing intercultural awareness and combat prejudice are important to promote social inclusion and strengthen social cohesion.
LOUD aims to foster inclusive environments for young people in order to prevent them from drifting into intolerance and extremist behaviours. It will strengthen local authorities’ and young people’s capacities to produce alternative narratives.
The main objectives are to:
- Counter all forms of intolerance and extremist speeches among young people
- Provide effective alternative narratives at the local level
- Empower young people on tackling discrimination and extremist contents
- Promote European exchanges on alternative narratives among young people
The main activities of the project are:
- Diagnosis in 9 territories to enable local authorities to determine their priorities as well as the key stakeholders
- Training sessions will be organised in the different territories in order to empower young people, identified through the previous phases, on alternative narratives methods and local campaigns.
The design and development of 9 local alternative narratives campaigns by young people in 5 European countries
Efus is leader of this project
Local authorities: Leuven (BE), L’Hospitalet de Llobregat (ES), Augsburg, Düsseldorf (DE), Pella (GR), Rosny-sous-bois, Montreuil, Lille and Valenciennes Métropole (FR)
Other partners: Eurocircle, Fondazione Mondinsieme (IT), streetwork@online (AVP e.V.) (DE)
January 2019 – January 2021