European Urban Safety Conference
This autumn Sweden holds the presidency of the Council of the European Union. A large number of the official meetings will be held here in Solna. We would like to take this opportunity to focus on safety issues and are going to arrange a European Urban Safety Conference in cooperation with the European Forum for Urban Safetyon October 26th -27th 2009.
The European Urban Safety Conference will address the challenges in maintaining safety in urban areas and highlight the role of local actors in prevention.The aim of the conference is to offer a forum for transfer of knowledge and exchange of experience on various aspects of urban safety.
The main themes of the European Urban Safety Conference are:
• City development and safety
• Large sports events and prevention
The target group of the conference is local politicians and officials on safety, city development and crime prevention in European cities.
Site visits and social activities.
In addition to the program, Solna plan to arrange site visits to activities connected to the conference themes as well as a range of social activities.
During the conference is it possible for partners to display projects and activities in an exhibition area witch is located within the conference area.
Further information will be published soon.
You can book your ticket to the conference hereFirst 100 sold tickets 220 euro (regular price 270 euro)
For more information :
Site web of the conference
Download the program of the conference
Click here to see the EU ongoing calls
- Bridge - Building resilience to reduce polarisation and growing extremism
- CCI - Cutting crime impact: reducing the impact of criminality in local communities
- Democracy Cities
& Drugs II
- EU Street Violence
- IMPPULSE - Improving Police/Population Understanding for Urban Security
- Just & Safer Cities for All
- LIAISE 1 & 2 - Local institutions against extremism
- Local voices – Local communication strategies to prevent extremism
- LOUD - Local young leaders for inclusion
- MATCH-SPORT - Make Amateur Sport Tolerant Eliminating Racism and Discrimination
- MEDI@4SEC – The emerging role of social media in enhancing public security
- PACTESUR - Protecting Allied Cities against TErrorism by Securing Urban aReas
- PRACTICIES -
Partnership against Violent Radicalisation in Cities
- PREPARE - Preventing radicalisation through probation and release
- PROTECT – Public Resilience using TEchnology to Counter Terrorism
- Safer Drinking Scenes
- Security & Tourism
- SHINE – Sexual Harassment in Nightlife Entertainment Spots: Control and Prevention
- Solidify – Supervised Drug ConsumptIon Facilities to Instill Harm Reduction and Social Cohesion at Local Levels