1. General Information :
Member since 1994
The ICPC is an international forum for national governments, local authorities, public agencies, specialised institutions, and non-government organisations to exchange experience, consider emerging knowledge, and improve policies and programmes in crime prevention and community safety.
ICIPC was founded in 1994 by the governments of Canada, France and Quebec in cooperation with the European Forum for Urban Safety (Efus), the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM), the Montreal Urban Community (MUC), and the Société du Centre de conférences internationales de Montréal. Gibert Bonnemaison was to set up a Constituent Board for the ICPC. EFUS founder Gilbert Bonnemaison became the first President of the ICPC Board of Directors and remained Honorary President until his death in 2008.
The ICPC staff monitor developments, provide direct assistance to members, and contribute to public knowledge and understanding in the field.
ICPC’s seeks to:
- Enhance awareness of, and access to, its international knowledge base on prevention and human safety policies and intervention.
- Promote the implementation of best practices and tools enhancing community safety.
- Facilitate rewarding international exchanges between countries and cities, the justice system and civil society associations.
- Provide technical assistance and facilitate expert interaction.
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada
2. The Centre in our network :
Associated member since its foundation