1. General Information :
Düsseldorf is the capital city of the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is an economic centre of Germany and is located in the Rhein-Ruhr area, the country’s most populated metropolitan area. The city is situated on the River Rhine, and is renowned for its many events and also for its fashion and trade fairs.
English version available under http://www.duesseldorf.de/eng/kpr/
- Reading (United Kingdom),
- Chemnitz (Germany),
- Haifa (Israel),
- Warsow (Poland),
- Moscow (Russian Federation),
- Chongqing (China).
Furthermore Düsseldorf is engaged in friendships relations with Lillehammer (Norway), Palma de Mallorca (Spain), Belgrad (Serbia), [link url=”1882″]Toulouse[/link] (France), Chicago (USA), Amman (Jordan).
2. The city in our network :
The city and the Efus:
Member since : March 2009
Member of the Executive Committee since : 2016
- Partner of the projet “Democracy, Cities and Drugs II”
- Partner of the project “LIAISE” on radicalisation
3. Project Files (Best Practice) :
4. Further information :
Current priorities in the field of crime prevention:
- moral courage: citizens ready to help citizens (initiative since 1999, what consequences to draw from incidences were helping citizen became main victim)
- violence at sport
- youth alcool consumption: study in progress by city’s health department
- domestic violence + violence against women
- Gamma-Hydoxybutric Acid (GHB)