The rapid growth of crime rate in Lithuania, the discouraging structural development of crime and failure to control it by administrative measures, as well as the lack of organisation and co-ordination in preventive activities designed to eliminate the causes and conditions of crime on a large scale were the objective factors that stimulated the setting up of the Centre for Crime Prevention in Lithuania (CCPL) and its foundation.
Initiated by the Representative Office of the United Nations Development Program in Lithuania and prepared by the Law Institute of Lithuania, the Centre for Crime Prevention in Lithuania began work as a public non-profit institution in 1997.
The Centre works on public information, crime statistics and analysis, reform of the justice system and other subjects of relevance in Lithuania. It also participates in the preparation, implementation and co-ordination of activities of the national Drug Control and Drug Prevention as well as Juvenile Delinquency Prevention Programs.
CLICK HERE to access the website.
- No events to display.
Click here to see the EU ongoing calls
- Bridge - Building resilience to reduce polarisation and growing extremism
- CCI - Cutting crime impact: reducing the impact of criminality in local communities
- Democracy Cities
& Drugs II
- EU Street Violence
- IMPPULSE - Improving Police/Population Understanding for Urban Security
- Just & Safer Cities for All
- LIAISE 1 & 2 - Local institutions against extremism
- Local voices – Local communication strategies to prevent extremism
- LOUD - Local young leaders for inclusion
- MATCH-SPORT - Make Amateur Sport Tolerant Eliminating Racism and Discrimination
- MEDI@4SEC – The emerging role of social media in enhancing public security
- PACTESUR - Protecting cities allied against terrorism by securing urban areas
- PRACTICIES -
Partnership against Violent Radicalisation in Cities
- PREPARE - Preventing radicalisation through probation and release
- PROTECT – Public Resilience using TEchnology to Counter Terrorism
- Safer Drinking Scenes
- Security & Tourism
- Solidify – Supervised Drug ConsumptIon Facilities to Instill Harm Reduction and Social Cohesion at Local Levels