- Elected officials from 250 European cities and regions call the European Union institutions to further support local authorities
22/10/2021 – read
- 250 European cities and regions will gather in Nice from 20 to 22 October 2021 to promote stronger, inclusive and sustainable urban security
27/09/2021 – read
The latest conferences
The latest conferences have led to the adoption of a manifesto, a common political project devised by the participants. Six manifestos Security, Democracy and Cities were adopted during previous international conferences organised by Efus in Montreal (1989), Paris (1991), Naples (2000), Saragossa (2006), Aubervilliers & Saint-Denis (2012) and Barcelona (2017).
Watch the animation below to find out more about the processes involved in drawing up the manifesto:
City of Nice
Nice is a municipality in the south-east of France, prefecture of the Alpes-Maritimes department and second city in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region behind Marseille. Located at the extreme south-east of France, about thirty kilometers from the Franco Italian border, it is established on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea.
With 342 637 inhabitants at the last census of 2016, it is the fifth commune of France in population.
It is located in the heart of the seventh urban area of France, with 1,004,914 inhabitants in 2012. The city is the center of a metropolis, Nice Côte d’Azur, which brings together forty – nine municipalities and 536,327
European Forum for Urban Security
Founded in 1987, the European Forum for Urban Security (Efus) is the only European network of local and regional authorities dedicated to urban security. It brings together almost 250 cities and regions from 15 countries with the aim to:
- promote a balanced vision of urban security, combining prevention, sanction and social cohesion
- support local and regional authorities in the conception, deployment and evaluation of their local security policies
- reinforce the role of local and regional authorities in national and European governance.
Strengthened by its network of experts coming from universities, institutions and NGOs, Efus works on all major issues relating to urban security and crime prevention. Its expertise and expertise are recognised both at the European and the international levels. www.efus.eu