Web conference in partnership with the URBAN intergroup at the European Parliament11 February 2022 – 09:00 – 11:00 CET
This online event will be the occasion to explore the question of the co-production of urban security policies and the importance of including all levels of governance (from local to European). Efus will present its work on the subject, followed by a debate with members of the intergroup.
9:00 – 9.20: Welcome and Introduction
- Jan Olbrycht, Member of the Europan Parliament, President of the URBAN Intergroup
- Willy Demeyer, Mayor of Liège (Belgium) & Efus President, represented by Brigitte De Deyne, International Relations Officer
Presentation of Efus’ Security, Democracy and Cities Declaration
9:20 – 9.50: Co-Producing urban security – objectives, tools, partnerships
- Presentation of Efus’ activities and initiatives
Elizabeth Johnston, Executive Director of Efus
- Presentation of the Partnership on Security in Public Spaces of the Urban Agenda for the UE
– Introduction: Sébastien Viano, Europe and External Financing Director at Nice Côte d’Azur metropolitan area (France), co-ordinator of the Partnership
– Partner and Action leader testimony: Werner Van Herle, Head of the Prevention and Security Department, City of Mechelen (Belgium)
- Synergies and co-operations – the case of the Urban Innovative Actions’ BeSecure-FeelSecure project
Kyriaki Bourdakou, Deputy mayor, City of Piraeus and President of the Local Council for Crime Prevention (Greece)
9:50 – 10.50: Debate
10:50 – 11.00: Conclusions
The web conference will be held in English.
Please note that this event will be recorded and published on the URBAN Intergroup website. By joining this session, you automatically accept that your image and sound can be recorded and broadcasted.