Founded in 1987 under the auspices of the Council of Europe, the European Forum for Urban Security (Efus) is the only European network of local and regional authorities dedicated to urban security.
Bringing together nearly 250 local and regional authorities in 16 countries, this network aims to strengthen crime reduction policies and to promote the role of the local level in national and European policies.
Efus’ expertise is internationally recognised by institutions such as the European Commission, the Council of Europe, the World Bank as well as the United Nations.
It is run by an Executive Committee of 32 local and regional governments elected by members of the network.
- The final conference of the SOLIDIFY project on “Supervised Drug Consumption Facilities to Instill Harm Reduction and Social Cohesion at Local Levels” took place in Lisbon on 5/6 December 2019 – Read
- Efus makes recommendations for the European Union in order to ensure “free, safe and just cities” and chooses Nice for the 2020 European “Security, Democracy and Cities” conference, 27 June 2019 – Read
- European local elected representatives stand for a local drug policy based on the principles of harm reduction and support the implementation of Supervised Drug Consumption Facilities, 11 December 2018 – Read
- Efus helps police forces and local authorities reducing the impact of petty crime, 12 November 2018 – Read
- Risk reduction : European cities examine supervised drug consumption facilities and their impact, 20 February 2018 – Read
- The “Security, Democracy and Cities” Manifesto: European cities present their commitments for urban security, 5 December 2017 – Read
- Efus publishes “Preventing and Fighting Radicalisation at the Local Level”, 30 September 2016 – Read
- Locally elected representative members of Efus call for a police service close to and at the service of citizens, 17 March 2016 – Read
- Mayors, councillors and local representatives from 22 European countries call for the creation of an alliance of European cities to prevent radicalisation, 18 November 2015 – Read
- Communiqué of the Executive Committee of Efus following the terrorist attacks in Paris, 17 November 2015 – Read
- “We are European” Guilherme Pinto’s, President of Efus, reaction to the terrorist attacks that took place in France during the week of 7th January – Read
- Efus supports actions by local and regional authorities for a global policy on nightlife, 24 october 2014 – Read
- Efus calls for the European Union to support local authorities in welcoming and integrating migrants, 18 October 2013 – Read
- The FFSU and Efus publish Safer Drinking Scenes. Alcohol, City and Nightlife, 7 October 2013 – Read
- European cities have adopted a Manifesto on Urban Security, 14 December 2012 – Read
- Taking responsibility for migrants should be realised on a European scale, 18 April 2012 – Read
- Efus’ elected members take a stand for the prevention of reoffending, 23 November 2011 – Read
- Efus’ President reacts to the debates about Roma people in Europe, 23 September 2010 – Read
Institutional Communication Officer
+33 (0)1 40 64 49 12