1. General Information :
Cascais is a Portuguese town in the district of Lisbon, in the Lisbon region. It is located about 30 minutes from Lisbon, near the Atlantic coast. It is the fifth town in Portugal in terms of number of inhabitants.
Cascais is a municipality with 99.07 km² and 206479 inhabitants (2011), divided into 6 «freguesias». It is bordered on the north by the Municipality of Sintra, to the east the Municipality of Oeiras and by the Atlantic Ocean to the south and west coast the famous Estoril Coast.
Population: 206479 inhabitants
At the end of 2013 the City of Cascais adopted a strategic plan for the security of Cascais citizens.
2. The City in our Network :
The City and Efus:
Member since : 2000
Member of the Efus Executive Committee since : 2011
- Lisbon Manifesto Day on Mediation, Lisbon, 8 November 2013
- EU_Reco_Street Violence Seminar, Lisbon, 25 October 2012
- International Conference on Community Policing, Lisbon, Portugal, 14th – 15th December 1998.
- General Assembly, Karlsruhe, Germany, 12-13 May 2014
- International Conference on “Security, Democracy, Cities: the Future of Prevention”, Aubervillers & Saint-Denis, December 12-14 2012
- General Assembly, Genoa, Italy, May 19th 2011
- General Assembly, Barcelona, Spain, July 18th 2008
- International Conference on Security, Democracy & Cities, Saragoza, November 2006
- General Assembly, Lisbon, Portugal, July 4th 2003
- International Conference on Safety and Democracy, Naples, Italy, 7th-9th December 2000.