All over the world, women are still victims of femicide and of physical, emotional, structural, sexual, cultural, verbal and economic violence. In recent years, phenomena of sexual harassment and coercion perpetrated by men in positions of power have triggered an intense public debate, particularly through campaigns initiated by civil society on social media. Such widespread violence, which equally affects the public, professional and private spheres, must be tackled as a matter of priority by local security policies. The gender approach and the issue of violence against women should be systematically included.
European cooperation projects
- Sport+ (European Prize for Social Integration Through Sport) (2015–2016)
- Secucities Women: victims of trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation and transborder cooperation (2001–2003)
- Secucities Women: victims of trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation (2002)
- Secucities Abused and neglected elderly women (2001–2002)
- Secucities Women: victims of trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation and transborder cooperation (1999–2000)
- Secucities Women: cities and places of trafficking in human beings for the purpose of sexual exploitation (1998-1999)
Publications & Ressources
- Secucities Women: Victims of Trafficking For The Purpose Of Sexual Exploitation and Transborder Cooperation (Efus 2003)
- Abused and Neglected Elderly Women (Efus 2003)
- Secucities Women: Is a Gender-Differentiated Approach Relevant in terms of Urban Safety? (Efus 1999)
- Cities and Places of Trafficking in Human Beings for the Purpose of Sexual Exploitation (Efus 1999)
Discover the actions implemented in communities across Europe through our summary documents, which present the key elements of each of these initiatives, including their context, objectives, activities, budget, evaluation. All of our practice and summary sheets can be found on Efus Network.