During three years, the partners of the French platform of the Democracy, Cities and Drugs (DCD) II project met regularly to exchange experiences, practices and ideas on how to tackle drugs prevention at the local level. Their work has been summarised in a publication entitled La future politique française des drogues (the future policy of France on drugs), released in May 2011.
This 68 pages book presents succinctly the main challenges facing the French cities that participated in this project: Aubervilliers, Courcouronnes, Créteil (CA Plaine centrale), Lille, Lormont , Marseilles, Montpellier and Valenciennes. It also includes articles by the experts who worked on the project, and a summary of the main recent international texts related to drug prevention.
This publication is available in French at the French Forum for Urban Security.
Click here to see the EU ongoing calls
- Bridge - Building resilience to reduce polarisation and growing extremism
- CCI - Cutting crime impact: reducing the impact of criminality in local communities
- Democracy Cities
& Drugs II
- EU Street Violence
- IMPPULSE - Improving Police/Population Understanding for Urban Security
- Just & Safer Cities for All
- LIAISE 1 & 2 - Local institutions against extremism
- Local voices – Local communication strategies to prevent extremism
- LOUD - Local young leaders for inclusion
- MATCH-SPORT - Make Amateur Sport Tolerant Eliminating Racism and Discrimination
- MEDI@4SEC – The emerging role of social media in enhancing public security
- PACTESUR - Protecting cities allied against terrorism by securing urban areas
- PRACTICIES -
Partnership against Violent Radicalisation in Cities
- PREPARE - Preventing radicalisation through probation and release
- PROTECT – Public Resilience using TEchnology to Counter Terrorism
- Safer Drinking Scenes
- Security & Tourism
- Solidify – Supervised Drug ConsumptIon Facilities to Instill Harm Reduction and Social Cohesion at Local Levels