The European Forum for Urban Safety is leading the DC&D II Project which is the continuation of it’s successful EU funded project “Democracy, Cities and Drugs”. The second project phase is open for new participants even without prior knowledge of the activities in the first part.
New : See the Website of this project !
New : Translation into French will be provide in 2 thematic platforms (Young and Health education) ans well as in general activities!
New : Find here the French version of the presentation of the project
If you are interested in joining the project, please contact us .
Project leader: EFUS
Associated partners: French, Italian and Portuguese Forums for Urban Safety, National Anti-Drug Agency (Romania), Irefrea-Italy, Irefrea-Portugal), EuroTC European Network, Association Nationale des Intervenants en Toxicomanie (France), ABD Association (Barcelona), University of Padova, ACCES Association (Marseille)
Partner cities : Alexandroupolis, Generalitat de Catalunya, Paris, Cocof, Tarragona, Roubaix, Regione Emilia Romagna, Liège, Vienne, Leipzig, Stuttgart, Central Bohemia Region, Bucharest, Bordeaux, La Rochelle, CA Plaine Centrale, Sosnowiec, Toulouse, Catanzaro, Venice, Crotone, Nottinghamshire Police Authority.
Project Contents and Objectives: Based on the lessons learned from the first Democracy, Cities & Drugs project (DC&D 2005-2007), the DC&D II project 2008-2010 aims to help EU cities develop local, partnership based drug policies and practices involving the relevant stakeholders – local authorities, health services criminal justice services, communities, including visible minority ones, and drug service users – so that a coordinated, participative, targeted, and thus resource effective approach can be developed towards problems of drug use and misuse.
The DC&D II project is based on three pillars:
– one EU wide experimental network of more than 16 partner cities;
– four national networks (France, Italy, Portugal, Romania) involving 56 cities;
– five thematic working groups based on the findings of the first DC&D project which ran from 2005-2007
To support the development of an integrated drug policy among the partner cities and countries, five European thematic exchange platforms will be organised. The exchange platforms will tackle:
– health education on drugs for professionals – safer nightlife – preventive action in party scene – young wanderers and drugs – women specificities and drugs – treatment challenges
The exchange platforms include seminars for sharing knowledge and expertise, training sessions, refinement meetings and joint guidelines.
Finally the project will hold a dissemination conference in November 2010 in Vienna.
Click here to see the EU ongoing calls
- Bridge - Building resilience to reduce polarisation and growing extremism
- CCI - Cutting crime impact: reducing the impact of criminality in local communities
- Democracy Cities
& Drugs II
- EU Street Violence
- IMPPULSE - Improving Police/Population Understanding for Urban Security
- Just & Safer Cities for All
- LIAISE 1 & 2 - Local institutions against extremism
- Local voices – Local communication strategies to prevent extremism
- LOUD - Local young leaders for inclusion
- MATCH-SPORT - Make Amateur Sport Tolerant Eliminating Racism and Discrimination
- MEDI@4SEC – The emerging role of social media in enhancing public security
- PACTESUR - Protecting cities allied against terrorism by securing urban areas
- PRACTICIES -
Partnership against Violent Radicalisation in Cities
- PREPARE - Preventing radicalisation through probation and release
- PROTECT – Public Resilience using TEchnology to Counter Terrorism
- Safer Drinking Scenes
- Security & Tourism
- Solidify – Supervised Drug ConsumptIon Facilities to Instill Harm Reduction and Social Cohesion at Local Levels