In the framework of the Democracy, Cities & Drugs project, the EFUS organized, on September 27th-28th in Paris, a seminar gathering German and French cities’ drug prevention experts in order to share practices on local and integrated drug policies.
Partners: French national drug plan MILDT, Federal Ministry of Health of Germany, French Forum for Urban Safety, Prevention Council of Lower-Saxony, Délégation Interministérielle à la Ville, French German Office for Youth
Participating French Cities: Paris, Bordeaux, Pau, Thonon les Bains, Aulnay-sous-Bois
Participating German Cities: Frankfurt, Karlsruhe, Stuttgart, Leipzig, Cologne
The seminar tackled in particular the following topics and questions:
(1) How can accessible services be provided that reach all drug users in a community – including emerging and hidden populations?
(2) How to provide security to all the community?
(3) How to find a balance between security and service provision that receives community support?
A publication from the seminar including recommendations and example of best practices from the participating cities is under way and will soon be available for download here.
For more information: http://www.democitydrug.org/article.php3?id_article=222
Click here to see the EU ongoing calls
- Bridge - Building resilience to reduce polarisation and growing extremism
- CCI - Cutting crime impact: reducing the impact of criminality in local communities
- Democracy Cities
& Drugs II
- EU Street Violence
- IMPPULSE - Improving Police/Population Understanding for Urban Security
- Just & Safer Cities for All
- LIAISE 1 & 2 - Local institutions against extremism
- Local voices – Local communication strategies to prevent extremism
- LOUD - Local young leaders for inclusion
- MATCH-SPORT - Make Amateur Sport Tolerant Eliminating Racism and Discrimination
- MEDI@4SEC – The emerging role of social media in enhancing public security
- PACTESUR - Protecting cities allied against terrorism by securing urban areas
- PRACTICIES -
Partnership against Violent Radicalisation in Cities
- PREPARE - Preventing radicalisation through probation and release
- PROTECT – Public Resilience using TEchnology to Counter Terrorism
- Safer Drinking Scenes
- Security & Tourism
- Solidify – Supervised Drug ConsumptIon Facilities to Instill Harm Reduction and Social Cohesion at Local Levels