H2020 Project Manager Position
The European Forum for Urban Security is an NGO which brings together more than two
hundred and fifty local and regional authorities in Europe. It aims to:
- base security policies on the triptych ‘prevention-sanction-solidarity’
- strengthen the role of cities and local elected representatives in the partnership governing
local security policies
- fully integrate local security policy in European construction.
Efus, as coordinator of a new European H2020 project, is hiring a project manager to monitor and manage the project. We are offering a fixed-term contract of 4 years, full-time
from mid-March / early April 2020.
This4 year project, led by Efus, will bring together 18 partners from 11 European countries.
Through a co-production process, the IcARUS project aims to integrate social and technological innovations within strategic approaches to urban security, in order to promote a balanced vision of urban security, combining prevention, sanction and social cohesion. The project will seek to facilitate the implementation of these policies by identifying, analyzing and adapting the innovative tools existing at the service of local policies. The toolbox thus developed within the IcARUS project will focus on four priority areas: 1. juvenile delinquency; 2. Trafficking and organized crime; 3. Public spaces; 4. Radicalization.
Under the authority of the Executive Director and in conjunction with the members of the
Efus team, the project manager will ensure all of the project management, in particular:
- Management and administrative and financial monitoring of the entire project, in
connection with the management team of Efus;
- Content coordination, in conjunction with Efus project managers and Deputy Director, and coordination / consolidation of the content reporting elements; ensure coherence of the project’s actions with other projects lead by Efus;
- Coordinate the network of partner institutions / organizations, plan and facilitate collective work, organize and participate in project meetings; write minutes of project meetings; monitor reporting;
- Ensure the consistency of external communication and dissemination actions (website,
dissemination of articles, etc.) relating to the project led by the partner responsible for this WP with the Efus communication team.
- Adherence to the Efus project and values
- An interest in comparative public policies and in European policies, in particular in
the field of prevention and security in Europe
- At least five years of experience in managing large-scale multi-partner European
projects, ideally managing Horizon 2020 projects
- Ability to reconcile several areas of work (project management, experience sharing,
- Ability to integrate into a collective dynamic and work independently;
- Excellent writing skills
- Perfect command of written and spoken English and French (level C1 or higher).
Salary based on experience
Position based in Paris 20th.
Please send your application CV + letter only by email to email@example.com
Please include the following reference in the subject line of the email: ICARUS Project Manager
Only preselected candidates will be contacted.