1. General Information :
Lisbon is the capital and largest city of Portugal. The city, besides being the capital, is also the district capital of Lisbon. Lisbon has 564 657 inhabitants and a metropolitan area environment which occupies about 2 870 km ², with about 2.8 million inhabitants. The city and its metropolitan area focus 27% of the population. It is bordered at north by the municipalities of Odivelas and Loures, Oeiras at west, with Amadora at northwest and with Tejo estuary at southeast .
Two European agencies have their headquarters in Lisbon: European Monitoring Center for Drugs and Drugs Addiction and European Maritime Safety Agency.
Population: 547 733 (2011)
Twinned with: Zagreb (Croatia), Madrid (Spain), Rio de Janeiro (Brasil), Maputo (Mozambique), Praia (Capo Verde), São Tomé (São Tomé e Príncipe), Bissau (Guinea), Macau (China), Malaca (Malásia), Rabat (Marroco), Luanda (Angola), Brasília (Brasil), Cachéu (Guiné), Budapest (Hungary), São Salvador (Brasil)
2. The City in our Network :
The City and Efus:
Founding Member since : 1998
Member of the Executive Committee since : 2010
- Member of the SURVEILLE working group
- Partner of the Project “Study : How can the European Voluntary Service initiated by the European Commission better contribute to the social integration of young person at great risk”, 2001.
- Partner of the Project Abused and neglected elderly Women, 2001.
- Partner of the Project Local Approach of Organised Crime, 2000.
- Partner of the Project Programme SécuCités, Insertion – Service volontaire Européen 2, 2000.
- Partner of the Project SécuCités Managers, 2000.
- Partner of the Project SécuCités Drugs, 2000.
- Partner of the Project Approche locale de la criminalité organisée : liens entre petite criminalité et grande criminalité dans les quartiers en difficulté, 2000.
- Partner of the Project The Festival Cities Project, 1999-2000.
- Seminar : Is a gender-differentiated approach relevant in terms of urban safety?, 30 th of September and 1st of October, 1999.
- Partner of the Project “The pertinence of Drug Prevention Messages” 1998-1999.
- General Assembly, Karlsruhe, Germany, 12-13 May 2014
- General Assembly, Cascais, Portugal, 27-28 June 2013
- Efus International conference ‘Security, democracy and cities: the Future of prevention’, 12-14 December 2012
- General Assembly, Toulouse, France, 25th June 2009.
- General Assembly, Barcelona, Spain, 18th July 2008
- Democracy, Cities and Drugs Project, 2005
- Cities Against Terrorism Project – Lisbon seminar, 2006/10/26
- Manifesto Day on mediation, Lisbon, 8th November 2013
- Seminar “Portuguese and European experiences with street violence”, Lisbon, Portugal, 25 October 2012
- Executive Committee, Lisbon, Portugal, 4th November 2010
- General Assembly, Lisbon, Portugal, 4th July 2003.
- International Conference on Community Policing, 14th-15th December 1998.
The City and the National Forum (FOPPSU)
President of the Portuguese Forum (FOPPSU) since January 2013.
- General Assembly, Lisbon, January 2013
- General Assembly, São João da Madeira, Portugal, June 2010
3. Best practice forms :
- Urban Safety Promoter, Lisboa
- Community conflicts, Lisboa
- Casal Ventoso Support Center for Drug addicts, Lisboa
- Help for Drug addicts, Lisboa
- Primary Prevention Work in Schools, Lisboa
- TODOS, Caminhada de Culturas in Lisbon, Lisboa
- Community Policing “Safer Alta de Lisboa”, Lisboa
- “SALOC – joint operations room”, Lisboa
- Improving police/population relationships, Lisboa, 2015