Click here to see the EU ongoing calls
- CCI - Cutting crime impact: reducing the impact of criminality in local communities
- Democracy Cities
& Drugs II
- EU Street Violence
- IMPPULSE - Improving Police/Population Understanding for Urban Security
- Just & Safer Cities for All
- LIAISE 1 & 2 - Local institutions against extremism
- Local voices – Local communication strategies to prevent extremism
- MEDI@4SEC – The emerging role of social media in enhancing public security
- PRACTICIES -
Partnership against Violent Radicalisation in Cities
- PACTESUR - Protect Allied Cities against TErrorism in Securing Urban aReas
- PREPARE - Preventing radicalisation through probation and release
- PROTECT – Public Resilience using TEchnology to Counter Terrorism
- Safer Drinking Scenes
- Security & Tourism
- Solidify – Supervised Drug ConsumptIon Facilities to Instill Harm Reduction and Social Cohesion at Local Levels
Just & Safer Cities for All project
Violence and crime motivated by racism, xenophobia, religious intolerance or by a person’s disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, are a daily reality throughout the European Union. These phenomena compromise social cohesion and the safety of European citizens.
Because of their close relationship with citizens, local and regional authorities can play an important role in preventing these acts and raising awareness in civil society. The Just & Safer Cities for All project aims to mobilise local elected officials and to increase knowledge amongst decision-makers and practitioners about the measures that can be taken at a local level to counter acts of discriminatory violence.
The publication One of the outcomes of the project “Just and Safer Cities for All” is the publication of a manual titled “Preventing Discriminatory Violence at the Local Level: Practices and Recommendations”. It is available in 7 languages.
Compendium of Practices The project consortium received over 130 submissions to the call of practices from across Europe, and 50 of them were chosen to be published in the project’s final publication. Here is a collection of all the practices … More
Local Activities As part of the project, eight European organisations have developed local activities aimed at promoting tolerance and fighting discrimination in their country. Here we document their activities and make the results of their work available for download. Spanish … More