Internship – Translation and Project Management
The European Forum for Urban Security (Efus) is an international association, a network of local and regional authorities, which helps its member cities implement projects and create tools to analyse and monitor their security policies. Efus has approximately 10 paid employees and works with over two hundred local and regional authorities in Europe. Efus aims to:
- Base security policies on the triad of “prevention, repression, solidarity;”
- Strengthen the role of cities, i.e. of local elected officials, in the partnership in charge of local security policies;
- Integrate local security policy into the European structure.
We are offering an internship for a three to six months period beginning in September 2017 to a student with the following qualities:
Applicant should be:
- Student in second or third year of a translation or language degree;
- Student whose first language is French or English and can translate from and into English/French. Ability to speak another language would be a plus.
- Able to integrate a collective, multicultural working environment;
- Excellent organisational and writing skills;
- Good computer skills.
- Translating various documents and articles to be published on our website (http://www.efus.eu);
- Contributing to an ongoing bilingual glossary of vocabulary relating to prevention / security /crime;
- Support to the daily activites of the ONG (network development, assistance in the organisation of thematic seminars…)
- 3,60€/hour (as established by French law), restaurant vouchers, partial reimboursement of public transport
- Compulsory training agreement (“convention de stage”) between Efus, the student, and the university.
Interested students should send a CV and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org