Click here to see the EU ongoing calls
- Bridge - Building resilience to reduce polarisation and growing extremism
- CCI - Cutting crime impact: reducing the impact of criminality in local communities
- Democracy Cities
& Drugs II
- EU Street Violence
- IMPPULSE - Improving Police/Population Understanding for Urban Security
- Just & Safer Cities for All
- LIAISE 1 & 2 - Local institutions against extremism
- Local voices – Local communication strategies to prevent extremism
- LOUD - Local young leaders for inclusion
- MATCH-SPORT - Make Amateur Sport Tolerant Eliminating Racism and Discrimination
- MEDI@4SEC – The emerging role of social media in enhancing public security
- PACTESUR - Protecting Allied Cities against TErrorism by Securing Urban aReas
- PRACTICIES -
Partnership against Violent Radicalisation in Cities
- PREPARE - Preventing radicalisation through probation and release
- PROTECT – Public Resilience using TEchnology to Counter Terrorism
- Safer Drinking Scenes
- Security & Tourism
- SHINE – Sexual Harassment in Nightlife Entertainment Spots: Control and Prevention
- Solidify – Supervised Drug ConsumptIon Facilities to Instill Harm Reduction and Social Cohesion at Local Levels
Security stakeholders and experts from all over Europe gather for the second European Week of SecurityTurin, Italy, October 2020 – A partner in the PACTESUR project, Efus is organising several sessions of the Second European Week of Security, in which representatives of the Expert Advisory Committee and Associated Cities are sharing their experience in protecting ...
Efus' working group on organised crime discusses how to locally counter the effects of ever-expanding criminal networksParis, France, October 2020 – One of the unforeseen consequences of the Covid-19 crisis is that organised crime has extended its grip on areas where it was already rife and adapted to the situation by diversifying its operations. Indeed, a ...
Paris, France, October 2020 – As part of the European Week of Sport, which is held each year on 23-30 September, the MATCH-SPORT project (“Make Amateur Sport Tolerant by Eliminating Racism and Discrimination”) organised an online awareness campaign about discrimination and ...
Paris, France, October 2020 – Over the past few months, Efus’ working group on Security & Innovation organised three web conferences on new technologies in urban security, which gathered in total some 90 participants: representatives of European local and regional ...
Crime alerting applications – Can a better understanding of crime lead to better victim support by local security actors?
Paris, France, November 2020 – Can crime alerting applications improve victim support? Can they provide reliable information on the dark number of crime and on feelings of insecurity? What are their legal, ethical and social implications? These were the main … More
Susanne Skov Diemer is a consultant, risk mitigation and security specialist with 25 years of experience in the field. Since 2019, she is a member of the PACTESUR Expert Advisory Committee. Her new book explores how citizens can be better … More
Measuring local levels of polarisation: exchanges between the BRIDGE and CHAMPIONs European projects
Paris, France, November 2020 – Efus presented the indicators and tools on local phenomena of polarisation that was designed by the BRIDGE (Building resilience to reduce polarisation and growing extremism) project, which it leads, during an online meeting of central … More
With a population of about 100,000 Leuven is the capital of the Flemish-Brabant province of Belgium. A diverse city where 31.5% of the inhabitants are of foreign origin, Leuven has also been named European Capital of Innovation 2020 by the … More
The Covid crisis has highlighted the critical role of cities in ensuring citizens’ safety and welfare
Paris, France, October 2020 – Efus and representatives of the cities of Nice (France) and Madrid (Spain), the three co-leaders of the Partnership on Security in Public Spaces of the Urban Agenda for the EU, as well as the Eurocities … More
Efus joins the Peace in Our Cities global initiative to reduce urban violence by half in the coming decade
Paris, France, November 2020 – Efus has become a partner association of the Peace in Our Cities (PiOC) global initiative launched in September 2019 with the objective of reducing worldwide urban violence by half within the coming decade. Efus will … More