Three hundred cities and local authorities from 17 European countries are member of the European Forum for Urban Security. The aim of this network is to promote the role of local governments in crime prevention policies through the exchange of know-how, ideas and practices among local authorities throughout Europe.
Efus also comprises seven national Forums for Urban Security, in Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Portugal and Spain.
Members of Efus have access to a vast network of knowledge, experts and contacts, as well as training solutions, advice and technical assistance. Also, they participate in cooperation programmes co-financed by the European Commission.
What are the conditions for joining the network?
- A local coalition for urban safety must be in existence, or there must be a commitment to create such a coalition within the next few months.
- Initiated by elected representatives, the coalition must bring together representatives of the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- Provision must be made for technical coordination of the coalition. The presence of a local coordinator, responsible for the implementation of the coalition’s activities and working side by side with all the partners, is essential.
- Local safety policies must be built into an overall policy of social development.
- The necessary conditions must exist for an active participation of citizens in developing and implementing safety policies.
- The Respect for human rights in the implementation of safety. Such policies must not result in greater exclusion, nor in an increase of inequality nor of a feeling of injustice.
Membership fees are determined on the following scale according to the number of inhabitants : see the annual membership fees for 2013
If you are interested in joining Efus Network, please fill-in the form below