Click here to see the EU ongoing calls
- Democracy Cities
& Drugs II
- EU Street Violence
- IMPPULSE - Improving Police/Population Understanding for Urban Security
- Just & Safer Cities for All
- LIAISE 1 & 2 - Local institutions against extremism
- MEDI@4SEC – The emerging role of social media in enhancing public security
- Safer Drinking Scenes
- Security & Tourism
15-17 November 2017 DHUB, Barcelona Organised by the European Forum for Urban Security (Efus), the Government of Catalonia and the City of Barcelona, this international and interdisciplinary conference will be dedicated to the coproduction of urban security policies. Efus’ action is based on ...
In order to help local and regional authorities design and implement their strategy for the prevention of radicalisation, Efus creates tailor-made programmes aimed at: understanding radicalisation and raising awareness among local stakeholders; designing a multi-sectoral local strategy; supporting and providing adequate tools to ...
Sport is a powerful tool to reinforce social cohesion as well as to prevent violence linked to exclusion and discrimination given that it disseminates values including tolerance, respect, solidarity and fair-play. In 2016, Efus organised the European Prize for Social Integration ...
Paris, 15.03.2017 – As a first edition of its breakfast debates, the French Forum for Urban Security (FFSU) hosted a book presentation and discussion with political scientist, economist, film-maker and leading expert on arab media and jihadist internet propaganda Asiem … More
1. General Information : Castellón de la Plana is the capital city of the province of Castellón, in the Valencian Community, Spain, in the east of the Iberian Peninsula, on the Costa del Azahar by the Mediterranean Sea. The mountain range … More
1. General Information : Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is the capital of Gran Canaria island, in the Canary Islands, off the northwestern coast of Africa. It is the co-capital (jointly with Santa Cruz de Tenerife) and the most populous … More
1. General Information : Xàbia is a coastal town in the comarca (administrative subdivision between the municipality and the province) of Marina Alta, in the Province of Alacant, Valencian Community, by the Mediterranean Sea. Situated on the back side of … More
“I am convinced that through collective action, we can better prevent crime in our cities” – Ulrich von Kirchbach, Deputy Mayor of Freiburg, Germany
A vibrant university city of 220,000 situated in the State of Baden-Württemberg (Germany), Freiburg joined Efus in January 2016. The Deputy Mayor for Culture, Integration, Social Affairs and Seniors, Ulrich von Kirchbach, talks with Efus about the reasons that led … More
Local stakeholders discuss strategies and practices against discrimination during a seminar in Vienna
Vienna, Austria, March 2017 – In the framework of the “Just and Safer Cities for All” (JUST) project co-funded by the European Union’s Rights, Equality and Citizenship programme, Efus organised a two-day seminar on “Preventing and Countering Discriminatory Violence at … More